Mar 10, 2010

Google labs


Over the weekend I was working with google labs for help with my iterations. According to google With the AJAX Feed API, you can download any public Atom or RSS feed using only JavaScript, so you can easily mash up feeds with your content and other APIs like the Google Maps API. The labs offer a lot of help with google maps like how to add markers and boxes to your maps.


Labs are good for people who have there own websites or blogger. You can integrate feeds on your website easily. I was able to use the Ajax feed and pull information from a blog without using php. The labs also have information on other apis and helps you with JavaScript.

I know javascript is already enough to learn and then you put php on top of it. I don't have much knowledge on php either. So google api could be a bit simpler to integrate. I was testing out the feed control wizard I was able to pull headings from a specific blog. I'm thinking about adding it to my final iteration.







4 comments:

  1. nice post latoya this is very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latoya, This is very helpful. I didn't know you could use google like this. I'm not a big google fan so I never even thought about looking to them for assistance with APIs and PHP. I'll have to take a look at it so that the next time we have something dues, mine works. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also using Google Maps API for my project. All the information I can get is helpful. The nice thing about this API is that you can do so much with it. I haven't tried to return a RSS feed, but I will check this out an see what I can do with it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all this help out there now is awesome. It is obvious a pain to do this at times when people can't figure out the correct code. When their are examples it is very nice and helpful to see what others have done and go from there.

    ReplyDelete