Mar 24, 2010

Dynamic Web Interfaces


As I am still working with my individual projects http requests, I have been looking for some more information out on the web.

Well I found this site that talks about http requests, XML, DOM and parsing all in one!
XML.com has several sub-chapters on topics near and dear to our hearts. But the one I found most interesting was the one on Ajax.

The article starts with the history of XML and its interplay with JavaScript. The codes examples start with the basics, then it turns to "The Form," "Handling the Input," "HTTP Heavy Lifting," and the "The Server Script." There are examples on the parsing, xmlDocloading, and server requests.

And as with all good teaching blogs, there is a link to a book for more reading. In this case the book is "No Nonsense XML Web Development With PHP" by Thomas Myer.

2 comments:

  1. I had to do some parsing of XML at Menlo, and it was not fun. I haven't really looked at it too much since then. I can tell you that I'm not looking forward to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to find better explanations out on the web as I am not finding the book easy to follow. I am hopping that one of these sites I am finding will hit that lightbulb moment for me yet.

    ReplyDelete