Mar 29, 2010

Apple and Google Together Again??

First let me start off with talking about the great time I had at Menlo on Friday. Surprisingly not that many people showed up from our class (opportunity to get inside a great company and extra credit). But I felt like Menlo was just an overall "cool" place to work, they had the type of creativity that you would think only Google had in its work place. Basically the programmers were writing coding that you would find in IS315 (a bit more advance) but in pairs of twos. And every week you would be paired up with another partner.

On to my article of the week. Well after all my numerous articles about Google vs Apple. And the fact that the two CEOs, Steve Jobs of Apple and Eric Schmidt of Google, have had a public fallout, GIZMODO has posted pictures showing the two enjoying a cup of coffee last FRIDAY the 26th in Palo Alto, CA. A reader of the web blog saw the two and snapped these pics. The reader aslo overheard a little bit of their conversation. "Enthusiastically, "They're going to see it all eventually so who cares how they get it." Which seemed to be about web content, said the tipster. And, "Let's go discuss this somewhere more private," after they noticed the crowd gathering around."

I think this would of been a really cool site to see. I would of probably went right up to them and pitched my 30sec speech of why I am the perfect hire for either company lol But all joking aside, I think this might be the first step to maybe the two companies making amends. They probably realize that business might be better for the both of them if the two giants get a long.

Full Story can be found on Gizmodo

4 comments:

  1. You can be friends and rivals. That seems to be what is happening here. Perhaps they are trying to mend their differences?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post Greg. Who would of thought that Apple and Google would ever be sitting at the same table? Anyway, I'm salivating at the thought of these two companies pairing up as I can't even imagine the technologies that they could develop. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this is great and I would love to see these two monsterous companies come together and create a product. It would have no other choice but to break the bank within the company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this is the way world works ..one day you are rivals and the next day you are trying to make each other win the game. This is how politics work and politics is everywhere.
    About Menlo..it is a great place work in. People running this company are the ones who want to make their own rules and I love the way they believe in whatever they do.

    ReplyDelete