Nov 14, 2009

Oxygen XML Editor 11.0

While working with XML files, received from a server, I was looking for a tool to help me. Until now I worked with around nine different APIs and their XML responses. After the implementation of ebay, my third API, I desperatly wished a good XML tool.

After some research I found the Oxygen XML Editor. This editor features syntax highlighting, debugging, validation, xpath to address seperate tags,xquery to search the document and much more nice features.



This tools makes it easier to read xml-files. You can copy the content from your server's response into a new xml document. With one click, the xml will be organzied that you can read it. Marking a tag and just clicking on "copy xpath", you will get the exact path, with childnode and so on. The best thing, you can use it 30 days for free!
Update: Sorry, I forgot. Here is the link!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, It still amazes me what you can find if you go looking for something on the Internet. This tool looks like it might be quite helpful. You might want to include a link to the application to make it easier to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the help I can get right now to work on these projects. I definitely plan to download this and try it out. Anything that can make this process easier is worth trying. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jassin, this does indeed look like a great tool. It will make the parsing process quicker and much easier on the eyes! It was such a pain reading through the XML code in it's raw form with no spacing or anything....hopefully this little tool solves that problem! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt, try it wth CTRL+I, or right click ->source -> Format and Indent Element
    I hope you'll find it (sorry, I am using the german version).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jassin,
    This is definitely going into my toolbox. It can be extremely difficult to parse through what seems to be at first glance, unreadable data. Another feature I like is that it helps you with your SOAP projects as well, that is if you wish to take one on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tool will definitely help me for iteration 3. It is very hard to read through some xml to find relevant information. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete