Nov 11, 2009

GROUP ITERATION 2

Well, up to this point I think we are on the right track. I am sure we could do better but this is what we came up with so far. We have incorporated Google maps, and also two other proxy servers. One of them gives us an RSS feed with concerts all around the country called 5gig and the other gives us the rating of a particular band or song called billboard. I think our idea is pretty cool, but it seems very hard to implement due to limited knowledge in Java.

The best part about our project is that 5gig gives us already the latitude and altitude of the particular concert locations. The problem is that we do not know how to tide them together. The problem we are facing is that we are pulling the full RSS feed from both proxy servers. I did try to follow the book and the professors notes, but still could not figure out how to pull only particular information of the xml file. To be honest the book confuses me more.

So for Iteration 2 it would be nice to have the feeds segmented and have them talk to each other. Hopefully we can have more progress by tonight's presentation. By the way if someone could help us, it would be greatly appreciated. All i can say is that I am trying to follow the book but it definitely slows me down since it confuses me more. I might be the only one who feels that way though.

So here is what we have so far .....



No comments:

Post a Comment