Nov 11, 2009

Microsoft bans 1 million Xbox Live players



Microsoft has recently banned up to a million users including me from xbox live. In the user agreement you agree not modify your xbox at all. Individuals in recent years have learned how to modify their xbox console to played copied/burned games. With the release of Call Of Duty 2 earlier this week, software designer Activision pressurized Microsoft to ban any user that has modded there system.

Several gamers modded there system by adding a fan to keep the console cool.This is also violation of the user agreement. There has been several issues with the 360 overheating and becoming in
inoperative after it over heats. That's not an excuse, but there were several issues with the release of the system from the begining. The good part is you still can play your games original or burnt games on your system. Your just not allowed to play online and your gamertag cannot be used on the console that has been baned. Xbox live has over 20 million users and a gold subscription is $50

Even though I don't play a lot of my games online, I can definitely say my lesson has been learned by being banned from xbox live.
Xbox 360 console warranty is non transferable. So, if you've bought a modded console which was banned earlier, won't connect to xbox live again. This means there's a permanent ban on particular xbox console on xbox LIVE service. So beware buying a used xbox at used games shops.



2 comments:

  1. Justin, thank you for this post. I'm curious how MS recognizes modified consoles?! I don't think that this is fair. I hope there will be a way that you will be able to enjoy xbox Live again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't Know Jassin, I hope so too. The best part about the 360 is the online game feature. So without that I'm limited to just playing the game with the online activity.

    ReplyDelete