Nov 25, 2009

Job Search

Like me, most of us are about to graduate and I am sure that we all want better paid jobs or actually find a job since we will be having a new degree. Well, while I was looking for jobs I got across a really cool job search engine. It is interesting how google is trying to be on top in search engine industry because this tool is powered by them. It is nothing like the famous Monster or Careerbuilder. I could say it is less hassle to work on and actually have better search results.

I am not sure what technology stays behind it, but it pretty much just asks you the type of job city and money that you would like to be paid. From that point the engine searches through different job listing sites and displays them based on the time on which they were posted. For example if you search for an IT job you will get results coming from Dice, Monster, CareerBuilder and even from company's itself.

I think this tool is pretty cool because it takes away the hassle of creating an account and spend time in registering. In addition it pulls listings from multiple resources so you do not have be registered in multiple places. The name of the site is indeed. com

5 comments:

  1. I went to this site to see how it was any different than any of the other job searching sites, and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent results it returned. I'm going to find a job in Web development, and when I searched "web" in "MI" I got back all kinds of results that didn't come back on monster and careerbuilder. Thanks for the post on this job site! It may be helpful to many of graduating folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivaylo, great post, with the economy being the way it is and finding a job is a job in itself we can uses many resources as possible. I will definitely check the site out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find, I did a search for jobs in toledo and was extremely surprised at the results returned. I never heard of vacantcube.com but that was one of the results. Thanks for the job search website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Web sites like this which "mash" information together are such time savers. CraigsLook.com is another one which pulls from the many CraigsList sites so that users can search from one place. Thank you for the timely information as we approach graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we all graduate either now or later, search engines like this is a benefical tool in finding new job oppertunities. Great post Ivaylo.

    ReplyDelete