Nov 18, 2009

JSON TreeView

While receiving JSON data its a bit difficult to see the structure. I think you learned that I am very lazy and that I like using tools. I started looking at different tools, for example Charles Proxy. Charles Proxy just copied the received JSON or XML data. With this copy, you can play a bit in Charles. Unfortunately, I was not able to get it formatted into a tree-structure.

Looking for something different, I found a HTML site that displays the JSON data in treestructure.
With this tree structure you can easily navigate through your data. The website shows you the JSON Path, the value of the variable as well as the type of it.




If you need the tool offline, no problem. Here is the link to a zip, containing an HTML file and the scripts. I hope this will make all our life easier. And here is the link!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the JSON editor Jassin. Working with this output can be difficult to read and manipulate. Tools like this really make our lives a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jassin,
    I like the website and will have to test it out a little further. I input a json return I had saved but was presented with an error when trying to display the tree. I am very intrigued by this software and have downloaded it to test it out further.

    ReplyDelete