Nov 3, 2009

Individual Iteration 2

Iteration 2 for our individual project required that I fetch a file from a web service using the php pass through and incorporate it into my web page without using a an alert box and demonstrate actions tied to event handlers.

In my webpage I have chosen to create two buttons which use the onclick event handler that get services from the sponge cell calender API and the yahoo weather API using the php pass through for each.

I am continuing to work on my individual project and make this information useful. There is still a lot of things I don't quite understand when it comes to manipulating the data. I am looking forward to finding new ways to retrieve and display specific information.

Here is an image of how my web page has turned out so far:

2 comments:

  1. Helen,

    Your iteration for the individual project looks similar to mine. I'm not a "coder" so these projects have been difficult for me but it's exciting when they work. Like you, I also hope to learn more approaches to displaying and retrieving information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, Great job in using the proxy passthough and get the info to display on your webpage, were you able to extracting the needed data and format it on your page, or is this set for iteration 3?

    ReplyDelete