Apr 7, 2010

Update...Update....Update


So here we all are at the end of the semester....and the only class I am worrying about is IS 449. I am lagging behind in the blog part of the class and I even forgot about the responses to other blogs. Well I tell you that blogging isn't a easy thing to do. If I really want to make a sensible response to a blog....I really have to read it carefully.

Individual Project has been pretty good so far. Using different API's at the same time is not a piece of cake. Well for my individual project I think I have been using a lot of yelp. They had the easy-to-understand documentation and examples. I think that I have been lacking on using creativity with AJAX so far.


Coding doesn't really change that much with Ajax but what is interesting is how you can bring a major difference in your web applications using small piece of code. Update on the group project , Initially I worked with the Yelp neighbourhood API and Google maps to complete Iteration 2. Now I am working on CNET api for the final group iteration. I think I will stick with PHP proxy because I find it easy to use. My rest of the group members are thinking of putting youtube in it. We ll see how it turns out.

6 comments:

  1. I was looking at CNET api for a minute and it looked like there may be a lot of documentation for that api. I will continue working on it this weekend and hopefully have it finished. I also liked your individual project. I think when someone is able to present some examples and documentation it is just easier and a chance to get the api to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your group project is putting together a lot of great APIs. Hopefully it is turing out the way you want it. As for you mention of using the PHP proxy because it is easier, i completely agree. I found PHP to be better documented and an easier language to implement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seems like php is much simpler way to parse than with javascript and dom. I have to admit i've been a little worried about the class since i'm behind on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'mon Aman, you know that the youtube API is pretty awesome. I agree, falling behind on blog posts is really killing me too. I think the hardest part is finding something interesting and relevant to write 3 paragraphs on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lets hear a round of applause for easy to follow documentation! I have been reading some of those API documents and wondering if they would make more sense if I was standing on my head. I have to write documentation for work. If I had turned in a piece as poorly written as most websites API's, my boss would laugh me out of her office.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your definitely not alone. Many of us are still trying to get our blogs and comments done. I wish we only had to do half of them. The projects seem to take up most of my time.

    ReplyDelete