Apr 18, 2010

AJAX Programming Language










When I first started this class I was frightened by the Ajax programming language. Asynchronous Javascript and XML is what AJAX stands for and that alone would scare any newcomer to this programming language. All AJAX really does is refresh the part of your webpage that needs refreshing without refreshing the whole page.


The main part of AJAX is the XMLHttpRequest, which fetches information from an outside server and brings it back to the user requesting the information. XMLHttpRequest was first implemented into Internet Explorer 4, then shortly after was added on to all existing browsers. AJAX is really a fancy form of Javascript.


For more information click here.


This class has taught me quite a bit about AJAX. To become familiar with AJAX you really need to have a strong background in Javascript. Also you need to have some experience with if/then statements and the basic structure of programming languages. The most important thing that I can take away from this class is that when it comes to programming languages patience is a must.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy I agree with you that when first introduced to the topic I was a bit intimidated. However, like you once I start to familiarize myself with the HttpRequest as well as figuring out what the proxy did, things seemed to come together nicely. Hopefully I will get to do a lot more AJAX programming in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy I totally agree with what you are saying and I believe it takes a lot of effort to actually make it work the way we want it to work....I think it is just a starting for us and there is much more we can do. this class has opened doors to advancement in web development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This class, even in being a capstone, is really only designed to provide a foundation in which we can build our knowledge and experience off of. We are hardly prepared for what is *really* out there, but we have been made aware of all of the possibilities. With that said, mission accomplished, John Drake!

    ReplyDelete