Apr 16, 2010

Individual Iteration 3

Well I was not as successful as I wanted to be for this iteration. My plan for my project was to use the Chronicling America API with the Google Maps API to display newspapers by location. This is how my site looked for iteration 2.



I started to parse the XML but I had a lot of difficulty getting it to work. The information would not display properly. I tried to parse the XML in JavaScript without success so I am now trying to parse in the PHP instead.

Besides completing the requirements for this course, I would still like to complete this iteration for myself. Creating Mashups and integrating web services is a great skill to have. I plan to continue working on my project and hope that I can get it to display successfully.

1 comment:

  1. I understand, I liked my iteration 3 too. But it was difficult to get my information to parse correctly. I knew what I wanted it to do. But I couldnt get it to work the way I wanted to to. But goodluck with ur site.

    ReplyDelete