Apr 16, 2010

Google Cloud Printing


Yes the end is almost here. But any ways my blog for the week is about google cloud printing. Well google keep concocting ideas and there new one is prints. Google labs is planning to create an application that allows users to print from any internet based computer. according to techworldnews.com the google cloud print is said to revolve around google operating system, Chrome. All the applications are said to be webbased.


It seems that printers must be cloud aware. Google would have to work with the manufactuers of printers to get there idea up and running., since none are cloud print ready. The printers would have to connect through google through a proxy.


Several issues with cloud printing are privacy and securtiy. Google plans to combat any issue with with the two by allowing only authorized users to print from printers and keeping private information only availble to the person who requested the print. I think that cloud print will work for google but how well i don't know.

2 comments:

  1. This idea of Google cloud print is not so appealing to me. I mean it can just help us to go wireless printing but I am confused about how well it will work...we will see how it comes..but I must say Google is definitely trying too hard too be innovative and up in the market..I hope it pays off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloud printing can only be a good thing. But I don't completely understand how it will work. Wireless printing already exist so what makes this so much different?

    ReplyDelete