Apr 14, 2010

Google AJAX API's


Looking for a good API, look no further than who else, Google. Google has taken the industry by storm with all of it applications and gadgets within the past couple of years or so. So what else could they come up with, some good AJAX API's. Working on my last individual project, I was stuck and could not get my web page to fix the output format of the feed I was using from the previous individual project. So I do what I usually do when I cannot find something I need, I Google'd API. And in the search results I found googles site for AJAX API's.

Google AJAX APIs

I knew google had the google maps API but didn't think about if they had any more until I looked up in their search engine and to my satisfaction I found what I needed. Google has a range of AJAX API's such as Google Maps, Google Search, Google Feed, Google Book Search and Google language just to name about half of them. These AJAX APIs cover a wide range of applications that you might want to use in the future if you are in that kind of web page creating field.

And to help you out with coding and writing script Google has also given you tools to make your job a little bit easier with Interatctive Code playground. This helps you edit and find mistakes in your code that can help your API run effiecienty. And Google has also provided Google API libraries for Google Web Toolkit and this is a collection of libraries that provide Java language bindings for popular Google Javascript APIs.

4 comments:

  1. I like that google makes our lives easier with all of these. And I wonder how google language works. When an interpreter works they have to pick up lingo to make any sense so I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaah...I do appreciate that google has a lot of API's but they are too nosey and want you to follow the exact ways and makes it way too easy. Sometimes I realize that it is not even worth doing because it doesn't really challenge. I think for a start it is good to learn but one really needs to go beyond it to do more interesting things with API.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how Google is so helpful. Their API's are very clear and they make things easy to understand. I plan to check out more of what they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how Google not only has very well documented and easy to use API's, but how those API's are very useful. Google maps, and youtube are two just to name some that are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete