Apr 21, 2010

100 Texts Per Day

A new survey states that one in three teens text over one hundred times per day. Personally I find this rather funny/sad. Do people actually talk face to face anymore? Do people even talk over the phone that they are texting on? I remember when the text-revolution started and everyone first got their unlimited texting plans. It was all the rad to text during class and pass secret e-notes back and forth without the possibility of getting them intercepted by the teacher.

But really, 100 texts per day? Even when I had annoying girl friends who would get worried when I didn't respond within the first five minutes of a text I don't remember sending that many texts. That could be why she complained but that's besides the point. I still didn't receive that many texts.

The CNN writeup on this epidemic can be found here. Apparently as I read deeper into the article teens also make 5 phone calls a day. I would say this is average. But still, 100 texts per day is outrageous and I only imagine doing so with three to four girlfriends, or possibly if I became a bookie. Either way it's rather a stretch.

2 comments:

  1. 100 text messages a day by that many people is very sad. The world really has gone from more of a computer communication rather than face to face. Just think with advances in technology, it is probably going to get worse rather than better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Steve....You text more than anyone..if somebody emails you, you text back...lol

    ReplyDelete