Apr 14, 2010

Hackers exploit new Java zero-day bug


So since I have 3 blogs left, I was looking around for new's on computers. And the first this I found was pretty relevant to this class. It has to do with songlyrics.com users who would be sent to Russian sites which would attack their computers. So the work they did would hack the site and enter an IFRAME to the site. They also said it attacks new the IE and Firefox servers.

They talk about the upcoming possible copy cats. Because it is so easy to copy and the code is simple. "It's so easy to use and copy that I would expect that it'll be in the [exploit tool]kits in a few days." Roger Thompson said. Roger Thompson is the chief researcher at AVG Technologies.

It looks like there was a conversation about how Travis Ormandy reported to Sun. And they declined to put out a new patch. "They informed me they do not consider this vulnerability to be of high enough priority to break their quarterly patch cycle," Ormandy wrote on the mailing list. "I explained [to them] that I did not agree, and intended to publish advice to temporarily disable the affected control until a solution is available."

The exact site is on computerworld.com. Please check this out more and avoid possible interruptions on your computer.

2 comments:

  1. I wish there were no hackers period. It just causes a lot of problems and always having to worry about security. Good post, I enjoyed the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only issue with the hackers is there is good hackers. That make sure all data is protected, but when the "bad" hackers steal information or hurt innocent people like this I find it very unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete