Apr 7, 2010

DOM Elements

I know part of the problem I have been having with this book is that it shows you how to do one thing. It does not show you the other DOM elements that you might want to use. I thought it might be nice to know what else we can do with the DOM.

Well, I found a list of DOM elements and what they can do. JavaScript Kit lists the DOM methods that are most used by programmers. The page is rather long so they have added a search function.

Here is an example:It also tells you if that DOM is supported or not supported by the listed browsers. The headache that are spared is endless.

5 comments:

  1. In my opinion DOM using Javascritp is a headache in general. I found it much easier to parse the XML/JSON using PHP as opposed to Javascript. While I know that this wasn't Professor Drakes preferred method, PHP has a lot more tools and easier ways to do this stuff than Javascript does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had problems parsing with DOM and the book was all that helpful i notice i had to search the web for most my work

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book had some good points but was not really helpful in figuring out the DOM. It takes a lot of searching the Internet and other resources to get the damn DOM to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree to that you have to spend a lot of hours on research to figure out the DOM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See thats exactly what really needs to be done is to just get out of that book....that book is good and gives you a very basic idea but one needs go beyond it to actually use DOM technology in the Web programming.

    ReplyDelete