Apr 13, 2010

Group Iteration 3




There is only 1 week left before we have to present our groups iteration 3. I think it's coming together really well. There are a few different API's that we're using. Recently we decided to use the CNET and YouTube APIs. I think they are going to work great together along with the API's that we already have going.

Aman and Joe are working on the CNET API and I think they will be done soon. Aman talks a little bit about working on it in her blog post here. I think that we did a really good job of picking different API's that would go together well for what we are trying to accomplish for iteration 3.

One of my favorite API's will be youtubes API. I think it is really well documented and has a lot of support, which makes it really easy to set up and use. Steven and I worked on it this past weekend and got it to work. We just need to integrate it into our groups website. I'm learning a lot about the different APIs, even though it is pretty painful sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. I have read a lot fo good things about the YouTube API. From what others have said there is plenty of documentation which is readily availiable which is not the case for other API's

    ReplyDelete
  2. The youtube API is a good API, I used it in my individual project 3 and it worked great. Easy to implement into my code that I had. You can also use interactive code playground that helps edit this API and other google API's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the youtube api was very well documented. It made it enjoyable to work with and I would recommend using it. I can't wait to see the project when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ideas for your group project are great. I'm interested to see how you will integrate the youtube API into your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part about the youtube API is that it's extremely easy to work with! From my experience, most of the API's are more difficult to figure out. Not this one.

    ReplyDelete