Apr 11, 2010

AJAX Is Not Just For Cleaning


As the semester is winding down, I thought I would write my final blog about what I have learned in IS 449. The first thing I learned was about MashUps. This is a really cool technology and I think it is really going to take off in the next few years as soon as more people realize what really can be done with it. Being able to search several sites at the same time is going to be the future of the Internet. I have also learned that not all Head First books are not as good as the html version.

Another thing I learned was that AJAX was not a cleanser used to clean the bathtub and sink. AJAX is a very complex and unforgiving coding language that can either make really nice things happen or really bad things to happen. Now when I look around the Internet I see AJAX everywhere and see how important knowing about is. I also learned that the COB is now closed on the weekends and that student center is not the best place to work on coding. I also learned about API and that the IMDB does not have one for whatever reason.

As I reflect on this class and my time coming to end at Eastern, I feel good, nervous, sad and little perplexed about where I am going to go from here. Whatever happens I feel good to e graduating in two weeks and moving on to wherever the world is going to take me. I wish the whole class the best, especially for all those graduating. Good luck everyone, I will miss you all.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, you learned a lot about AJAX Leticia. I will agree with you that now that I know what AJAX is, I see it everywhere and I also agree that this is a very up and coming technology that I think we are going to see a lot more of. What I also know is that Ajax cleanser is the best and I use it all the time on my kitchen sink but AJAX the technology is much more fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJAX is pretty interesting once you get the hang of it....I too am surprised at all the web applications that use AJAX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are right Leticia...it is just not a cleanser...haha..we have been using Ajax technology for so long without even realising that it is there. Thanks to this class which created more awareness among IS students for further advancement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last week of the semester is a good time to relax on what you have learned if you get two seconds. The first time I heard the name "Ajax" I thought of the can my mom would hand me to clean the bathroom with. Yeah I am old enough to remember seeing it on the shelves of most grocery stores.

    I am still working on learning this code as I want to remake a couple websites with it.

    ReplyDelete