Apr 7, 2010

Blog Counter


Last week in class there was a lot of concern questions about the blog post grades. I have not figured out how to count the comments an easy way, but I have figured out an easy way to count your blogs.

All you need to do is have a keyword that is the same in all your blog posts. As you can see with the picture to the left, I have used my name Steven as my keyword. Leading up to this blog post you can see that I have done 12 blog posts.

In case you were not aware, the image is posts by tag area of our blog. I wish it would be this easy for our comments, but it won't be. The only way this wouldn't work out if other people in the blog decided to tag your blog counter in their post. So, please don't ruin my counting system and put Steven in any of your tags. I hope this helps people who are wanting to know how many blog posts they have currently.

This is the blog and comment counter that was discussed last week from a student from last semester. Here is what he created last semester

9 comments:

  1. Thats a great trick Steven. I've also been trying to figure out how to count all of my comments but have yet figured out how. Therefore, even though I'm pretty sure that I have enough, I feel this compulsive need to keep commenting jus tin case I'm a bit short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I think its a great idea....it is very diffcult to count the comments...and also the link you have given for blog and comments count...it only counts the blog correctly but not the comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steven! I do the samething you are talking about in your post. Since I have to blog in another class my professor told us to do that because it's the only way to keep track of your progress. I never thought to write a blog about it though. Thank you for helping everyone out. I'm very curious to know how John is going to count or comments though because we have not discovered that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious if he has to go through it one by one. If that is the case, that really blows. I sure hope there is an easier way to count everything that is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know in IS279 Bud can pull a nightly report that has all the information about the student's blogs. There has to be a a report than can be pulled on both blog and comments. If that could not be done who would have time to read each and every comment made by the class?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, there has to be some way to pull it up easier than just manually counting it. Also, how can he count the comments? There is no way that he goes through and counts them manually. This was a great idea Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you adding your name to your posts. I have been using them to know how many comments I am posting. I filter on the name tag and just comment on everything posted by that person and boom I have a count of the number of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a good idea Steven. There was someone in another class that did the same thing. If there was another person with the same name, it could cause a problem too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for posting. I used the counter it worked for my blogs i just don't know how many comments i have. I tried your trick, yes almost finish.

    ReplyDelete