Apr 16, 2010

Success!!

I have been working hard trying to get my site to work. I have only been able to retrieve data using the proxy pass-through and return the XML in raw format. I wasn't able to get anything to display properly.

Initially I used the Chronicling America API which gives newspaper information. Since I couldn't make it work and display, I tried the Wine Blog API. Then I had success! I was able to retrieve the XML with the proxy pass-through and parse it in my JavaScript to display the title and description.


It may not seem much to some, but I'm very excited that I finally got something, anything, to display properly. I plan to continue to see what other things I can do with this. The endless hours of working on this has paid off.

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy you about to complete the project. Your site looks great. Yes i too spent endless hours working on my final iteration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad. I too have spent countless hours looking at my project errors. Many of them are very simple mis-spellings that were overlooked the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No ..No Helen...this is an accomplishment..it is really hard at first to understand this and make it work...we can also build on it later..what all we needed was to have the basic understanding of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Aman, nothing feels better than finally getting something to work after staring at your computer screen for about 15 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing your project. I really like what you did and you should feel proud of what you did. Keep up the good work in the future!

    ReplyDelete